Reasons to make sure your tradie is licensed

Plumbing Safety

Written by:

One of the most common questions we get asked as certified plumbers and gasfitters is, do I need to use a licensed tradesman? Short answer – yes. Why? Here are the top five reasons:

>> It’s the law
To become a certified plumber, gasfitter or drainlayer in any country, you must be registered with the Plumbers, Gasfitters, and Drainlayers Board (PGDB). Only the PGDB can issue a Practising Licence, so if a tradesperson doesn’t have a card, he or she is not legally allowed to carry out work on your property. Ask to see their card before you hire them.

>> You’ll protect your insurance policy
Insurance companies don’t need more help in denying your claim! Plumbing, gasfitting or drainlaying work done on your property by an unlicensed tradie can void your insurance policy. This means, if anything untoward happens in the future to do with, or as a result of, that work, you won’t have any financial recourse.

>> It’ll keep your home safe
Home is supposed to be the safest place there is, and it will be if you have qualified tradespeople working on it. A potentially dangerous mix of high temperatures, pressures, gas, and electricity live in the pipes and fittings between the walls, in the roof and under the floor of your house. A certified plumber, gasfitter or drainlayer is trained and qualified to handle these things and does it with your family’s safety in mind.

Comments are closed.